How to Switch to UK work Visa while studying

You can switch to this UK work visa even before you graduate from university

The uk has created changes within the eligibility criteria of their trained worker Visa, creating it easier for international students already within the country, to change over.

As per the new rules, candidates not ought to hold a degree level qualification to use for the trained worker visa. Students World Health Organization will secure employment provide from associate degree leader approved by the house work placewill then apply to change from the coed route visa to the trained worker visa straight off without any need to complete their degree.

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:

  • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
  • be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do

You must also be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of English when you apply.

You cannot apply to switch to this visa if you’re currently in the UK:

  • on a visit visa
  • on a short-term student visa
  • on a Parent of a Child Student visa
  • on a seasonal worker visa
  • on a domestic worker in a private household visa
  • on immigration bail
  • because you were given permission to stay outside the immigration rules, for example on compassionate grounds

How much will it cost

When you apply for a Skilled Worker visa, you’ll need to have enough money to:

  • pay the application fee – the standard fee ranges from £625 to £1,423 depending on your circumstances
  • pay the healthcare surcharge – this is usually £624 per year

You’ll pay a lower application fee if your job is on the shortage occupation list.

If you’re applying from inside the UK to extend, switch or update your visa, the standard fee depends on whether you’ll be in the UK for:

  • up to 3 years – £719 per person
  • more than 3 years – £1,423 per person

If you’ve been in the UK for less than 1 year, you’ll also need to prove you have enough money to support yourself- you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available in your bank account.

You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.

US finding ways to cut short time for Visa Appointments

US Charge d’affaires Elizabeth Jones has said that US / Washington is undertaking “tremendoous efforts” to solve problems related to long wait time in issuing of visas in India. The newly appointed diplomat added that the problem of long waiting time for visas is further triggered by the coronvirus pandemic. The issue is on top of the mind of Washington and efforts are underway to reduce the wait time for granting of visas through recruitment and trainings of visa counsellors.

This comes amidst growing concerns over the long wait for first time visa applicants, especially those applying under B1(Business) and B2(Tourist) categories. The wait period for first time B1/ B2 visa applicants in India can be very long indeed – up to three years. Jones told Times Now that tremendous recruitment and training efforts are underway in Washington DC right now to recruit and train visa officers in many places. “Our Mission in India is going to bring a lot of them…” She said. “By the summer, we will have fully staffed offices in Delhi and in our consulate in Mumbai.”